Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, also known as BJJ. Its founder Helio Gracie won numerous tournaments against bigger and stronger opponents using this martial art.
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu does not focus on strikes, but instead the techniques use the concepts of weight displacement, space, and leverage to overcome an opponent.
Because of these concepts, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu enables a smaller and weaker person to overcome a larger and stronger opponent. This has made Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu a very technically efficient martial art.
The techniques include throws, takedowns, joint locks, and chokes. It also teaches the practitioner how to escape from the various techniques, and how to counter them. It is also used in MMA where a MMA fighter will use BJJ as part of their ground fighting arsenal.
We are an affiliate of Philippine Jiujitsu Academy under Prof Allan Co.
WHY BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU
- Practitioners with joint complications are able to train, as BJJ techniques do not have any impact on the joints.
- Builds agility on the ground as most techniques are executed from the ground.
- Allows a smaller, weaker person to overcome a larger, stronger person.
- Allows the practitioner to practice in full speed and power to resemble a real fight or competition safely.
- Competitions – The practitioners are able to compete in various tournament in Singapore or internationally.